VDM Metals, a company of Acerinox, is the world market leader for nickel alloys and high-alloyed special stainless steels. The company offers a wide product range of welding consumables - from wire electrodes up to welding strips. Materials are suitable for joint welding and overlay welding (cladding).
The product range is rounded out by consulting services and training opportunities the company offers to customers in its welding centre.
Please note that process parameters for welding nickel alloys differ from those for carbon steels or stainless steels. Most of the known welding processes are suitable for nickel alloys and high-alloyed special stainless steels. However, the welding parameters need to be customized for the special requirements of these materials.
Please check out VDM Metals’ material data sheets and welding consumables catalogue for further information.
• Wire electrodes and welding wires in diameters of 0.6 to 3.2 mm.
• Welding rods in diameters from 1.6 to 4 mm.
• Core wires in diameters from 2 to 5 mm.
• Welding strips for welded cladding, mostly 0.5 mm thick.
• Welding consumables are available as well in imperial sizes from either mill production or inventory in the US and outside the US.
• Welding wire is available on standardized spools, as special spools or in various barrel types.
• Electrodes/rods are delivered in storage tubes.
• Welding strip is available as coil.
• Narrow tolerance fluctuations in the alloying elements and in the dimensions.
• Setting of optimized cast and helix values for trouble-free wire transport in automated welding processes.
• Optimum preparation of raw stocks for clean and fault-free surfaces.
• All quality-relevant processing steps are carried out by VDM Metals.
Out of stock delivery
In addition to individually produced filler metals, VDM Metals’ Servcie Centers hold a permanent stock of numerous materials in the form of solid wire and welding rods in order to ensure quick delivery.
We can deliver our solid wire on basket coils (15 kg/33 lbs) or in barrels (250 kg/450 kg/551lbs/992 lbs). We also supply welding rods for TIG welding in quivers (5 kg/11 lbs). Other formats are also available on demand. Please visit our webshop: