1. Controller's information
Asociación para la Investigación y Desarrollo del Acero Inoxidable (Cedinox) is the owner of the domain www.cedinox. es (the “Website”).
The Cedinox Website uses its own cookies and third-party cookies in order to provide an improved service and an improved browsing experience for users. To this end, the user is clearly and precisely informed of the cookies used, explaining below what a cookie is, what it is used for, what types of cookies are used, what their purpose is and how they can be configured or disabled if the user so requires.
2. What is a cookie and what are they used for?
"Cookies" are small files that are stored on the user's computer, tablet, smartphone or any other device with browsing information.
Cookies are essential for the functioning of the internet, providing countless advantages in the provision of interactive services, facilitating user navigation and usability of the Website.
Under no circumstances will cookies damage the device used by the user. In contrast, active cookies help Cedinox to identify and resolve errors on the website.
3. What types of cookies are used on the Website?
PURSUANT TO THE ENTITY THAT MANAGES THE COOKIES:
- Own cookies: cookies that are sent to the user's device from Cedinox's own equipment or domains and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: cookies that are sent to the user's device from equipment or a domain that is not managed by Cedinox, but by another collaborating entity. For example, those used by social networks, or by external content such as Google Analytics.
PURSUANT TO THE TIME THE COOKIES REMAIN ACTIVE:
- Session cookies: temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of the browser used by the user until they leave the Website; thus none of these cookies remain registered on the hard drive of the user's computer. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyse traffic patterns on the website. In the long run, this allows Cedinox to provide an improved experience, improving content and facilitating its use.
- Persistent cookies: cookies stored on the user's hard drive. They are read by the Website each time a new visit is made. A permanent cookie has a specific expiry date. The cookie will stop working after that date. These cookies are used by Cedinox to read the cookie management preferences that have been selected.
PURSUANT TO THEIR PURPOSE:
- Strictly necessary technical cookies: cookies necessary for browsing and the correct functioning of the Website. They allow, for example, traffic, the user's session and the communication of data to be controlled.
- Personalisation cookies: cookies that allow the user to access the service with predefined characteristics depending on a series of criteria, such as the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytics cookies: cookies that allow Cedinox to quantify the number of users and thus carry out the measurement and statistical analysis of the use made by users of the Website.
- For this purpose, the user's browsing on the Website is analysed in order to improve the range of products and services offered by Cedinox.
4. Cookies used on the Website
|NID||google.com||The Netherlands||HTTP||6 months|
5. How can I configure or disable my cookies?
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring your Internet browser options. If you do not allow the installation of cookies in your browser, you may not be able to access some of the services and your experience on our website may be less satisfactory.
In the following links you have at your disposal all the information to configure or disable your cookies in each browser:
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
6. User consent to the installation of cookies
Current law states that it is possible to store cookies on the devices of users accessing the Website if they are strictly necessary for the functioning of the Website. This implies that in order to store the other aforementioned cookies, it is necessary to obtain the user's consent. In this case, the user grants their consent by accepting the installation of cookies on their device through the Website's Pop-Up.
However, the user may change or withdraw their consent from the cookies pop-up on the Website or as described in the previous section of this Cookies Policy.
7. International transfers
Information collected through cookies from the following list of third parties may involve the international transfer of data:
Name of cookie
By accepting the cookies of these entities, the user consents to their personal data, which may be collected through the loading and reading of cookies, being transferred to the United States, a country that does not offer a level of protection comparable to that of Europe, and in which the regulations govern access by surveillance bodies and entities to the data of companies located in the United States, thereby failing to comply with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council.
In the event that the user does not consent to this international transfer of data to the United States, the user must reject these cookies, and the functionalities or services offered with these cookies will not be provided or obtained.
8. More information
Cedinox reserves the right to modify this Cookies Policy to adapt it to new legislation or jurisprudence.