In a project development and its execution there are lots of agents playing different rolls and communication may be a challenge.
Stainless steel is a versatile material which is valued for its properties. As a responsive material, must be treated as such. This is a quick guide to assist those who be for satinless steel in their projects. It is a compilation of good practices when working with stainless steel:
- The selected grade according to normative EN 10088-1, should be the right one.
- The selected surface finish according to normative EN 10088-2, should be the appropriate.
- Good design to avoid interstices and cavities and also accurate drainage system.
- The same production batch will ensure homogeneity.
- A single supplier/producer is an advantage.
- Alignment in the rolling direction of every panel.
- Experienced installer.
- Never use the same tools for stainless and carbon steels.
- Stainless connections for stainless steel.
- Suitable cleaning & maintenance specifications.
More information at our magazine Acero inoxidable 89