We can keep our stainless steel knives in perfect condition by following a few simple maintenance steps:
- Wash knives immediately after use. Do not leave them in contact with food or water for a long time, especially if it is hard or saline water, as this promotes corrosion of the metal.
- Do not rub knives with abrasive scouring pads.
- Use neutral soap. Do not use bleach or detergents with chlorine or chloride, as they can corrode the material.
- If you use a dishwasher, which is not preferable, try not to let the blades rub against other cutlery. If they have to go in the basket, it is best to place them upside down.
- Dry knives with a soft cloth until they are no longer wet.
Invest in a good stainless steel knife and take care of it as it deserves, it will ensure a clean cut, reduce the percentage of accidents significantly and extend its lifespan.